A general guide to what computational notebooks are, how to use one, what tools and things are available, and how they work in Noteable.
Documentation for the Noteable Service
Some course assessment work may be done through "Assignments" in Noteable.
This is what you, as a student, need to know.
Computation "Assignments" can be a good way to confirm a student's understanding of course-work.
This guide will help you undertand what the system in Noteable can (and cannot) do, how to work with it, and some thoughts on how to write assignments.
documentation is also a good source of material on working with
assignments (caveat: It has a slightly different set of assumptions about
the working environment).
Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ page has a collection of questions that often get asked.
We have descriptions of each of our Notebook Servers, which will give the users of Noteable an idea of what libraries and extensions are installed in each of them.
This is not a comprehensive list, however it does list the libraries and extensions we have specifically chosen to install.
Hover over the library name for a brief description of that library, and the version installed. Each library should also link to the documentation for that library.
Teaching Guides and Templates
Tutorial-style notebooks of libraries which could be useful for academics when writing worksheets and assignments.
Template-style notebooks which can be used as a basis when creating assignments for courses.
Quick guides for Markdown and Assignments.
Links to exemplar notebooks that use different libraries pre-installed in Noteable, which can be used as templates or inspiration for your own pieces of code.
Exemplar notebooks and tutorials using python geospatial libraries pre-installed in the Geospatial Notebook.
Exemplar notebooks and tutorials using python libraries pre-installed in the Standard Notebook.
Exemplar notebooks and tutorials using R libraries for statistical analysis pre-installed in the R with Stan Notebook.
A small selection of videos about Noteable, Jupyter Notebooks, or the nbgrader assignments system.
- An introduction to Noteable documentation - Guides, Exemplars and Teaching Documentation
- Example of uses for Jupyter Notebooks - Exploring Medical Data with Python
- Example of uses for Jupyter Notebooks - Folium notebook & visualisation of COVID-19 data
- A student guide to Noteable - fetching & submitting assignments
- User Insights - The Advantages of Noteable
- The accessibility statement for Noteable
- Cookies policy
- Data Retention
- The Noteable data retention policy
- Privacy notice
- The Noteable privacy statement
- Service Updates
- Record of significant changes to the Noteable service
- Usage Policy
- The service-usage policy for Noteable